Weddings, Corporate & Special Events
Why Choose Us?
- Our lounge is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook from False Creek to English Bay. We have a beautiful wrap-around patio, large dance floor, a well-stocked bar, and a large kitchen for your caterer to use;
- Our lounge will comfortably accommodate up to 90 guests for a sit-down dinner, 150 guests for a stand-up cocktail reception, or 75 guests theater-style;
- We have a boardroom available which can accommodate 14 guests;
- Free parking is available on the day of your event for you and your guest; however parking is limited so it’s not guaranteed;
- Complimentary Wi-Fi;
- Friendly, outgoing staff that will ensure your event is successfully executed.
Please contact Darcy Goodrich at 604 682 3292 ext 123 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to arrange to see the facility.
We have a full-serve beverage bar–excellent pricing.
Our very own in-house caterer, Thyme to Indulge Catering is also our preferred caterer who can create your perfect menu for your wedding.
Your wedding photographs will be stunning with the beautiful waters of False Creek as a backdrop.
False Creek Yacht Club (FCYC) is a private club and marina located in False Creek, just minutes from the heart of downtown Vancouver. Our magnificent view embraces Granville Island, False Creek and English Bay.
Our facilities include our Lounge and/or our Boardroom. Both facilities have well-appointed interiors, making them ideal for many types of events: Weddings, Birthdays, Retirement Parties, Conferences, and Meetings. Our spacious deck has ample seating, and two barbeques.
For those of you who indulge, smoking is allowed on our patio.
- FCYC’s office, and facilities, are on the top floor of our building at 1661 Granville Street (just beneath the north side of the Granville Street Bridge). Stair & Elevator access.
- Access is via eastbound on Pacific St, or Beach Ave, then turn right at Granville, our parking lot is at the end of the street. Or Wetsbound on Pacific, left at Howe, left at Beach, right on Granville.
- Stone Grill restaurant is in our building as well–Map Link
- The Lounge is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows that look out over False Creek, Granville Island, and out to English Bay.
Our Lounge offers/accommodates:
- up to 90 guests for a sit-down dinner
- up to 75 for theater-style seating
- up to 150 for a stand-up cocktail reception
- a large dance floor
- a well-stocked bar and experienced servers
- a spacious south, and west-facing patio that wraps around the building, for a stunning view of False Creek. Perfect for sunset viewing!
- the marina can accommodate yacht arrivals/departures (size-restricted–please inquire)
“My husband and I would like to thank you for the wonderful customer service you provided leading up to and during our wedding ceremony and reception. Originally we had a hard time finding just the right place for our special event. However, the day we walked into your lounge, we new we had found the perfect place to get married… lots of natural light, that special Vancouver feel, and an amazing view. It was exactly what we were looking for! During the wedding we got (and are still getting) a lot of compliments on our choice of venue. I would re-book or recommend you in a heart beat!”
-Sara & Kim Falcone, July 2012
“I want to congratulate you and your staff for providing a first class event for Candace’s 50th Birthday Party at the Club on Saturday Night. Everything was done extremely well, from the table settings and lovely room appearance, to the friendly and efficient staff service and the excellent preparation of the food. The entire evening exceeded my expectations. There were a few FCYC members in attendance and I am sure they will speak very highly of the quality of the event. Keep up the good work and you will have people lining up to have their events at FCYC.”
-Al Kwinter, January 2011
“Incredible dinner we had last Saturday night –staff were great, wine flowed and the food absolutely top-quality. Please extend my congrats to the whole team.”
-John Carswell, January 2012
“We just can’t say enough about the great food and neither could our guests! The view from their big windows was decoration enough! We chose a west coast dinner buffet that was cooked to perfection. FCYC was the perfect venue.”
-Nancy & Paul, August 2011
“Our wedding at False Creek Yacht Club was an incredible experience. We loved the food, the location, the staff; the overall experience was wonderful. Our guests commented on the beauty of the location and out of town guests were very impressed with its majestic view of the Creek , and the breathtaking sunset. Our bar bill was much lower than anticipated! The staff were polite, patient, friendly, and very attentive to the needs of our guests from beginning to end. Bob and I appreciated all of the help that was offered to us throughout the year of planning and as a result, everything went off without a hitch. We would highly recommend False Creek Yacht Club as a venue for any occasion.”
-Helen and Bob, July 2009